The Built Environment | Digital Design & Technology | Creativity & Design | Business & Communications
“Established in 1981, Inscape has succeeded and continues to thrive in facilitating holistic learning, as well as delivering quality education that aims to develop each individual to achieve their full potential in society. Inscape specializes in design, digital technology, business and communication education. As the first multi-disciplinary private higher education institution in South Africa, we have established ourselves as leaders in the industry for doing things that work, differently.
The Inscape culture is built on a value system that encourages Quality, Authenticity, and Relationships.
We always strive to provide excellence and to execute everything at an optimal level to maintain the brand’s high standard and rapport. We do this by:
• Providing quality education to our students so that they can make a difference in the world.
• Providing quality interactions when communicating with the external and internal audience.
• We promote individualism, uniqueness, and celebrate all differences.
• We pride ourselves in having an open-door policy exercised by all individuals from the top of the organizational structure right through to the bottom tier. The Inscape culture fosters and encourages an environment that cultivates long-life learning, impactful interactions and relationships that go beyond the working and classroom environment.
So why should you choose Inscape as your institution of CHOICE?
• We offer a fundamental Bachelor of Design 1st year programme which exposes our students to the multidisciplinary areas of design. The student gains an understanding of all the disciplines to help them select their area of specialisation. This approach dismantles the silo mentality of design and its discipline.
• We provide students with a ‘compulsory study pack,’ and learning can happen from day 1. Students have unlimited access to their learning equipment and therefore, can achieve optimal results.
• Lectures are conducted with a low lecturer-student ratio to ensure individual attention beyond the immediate academic needs of our students. We understand the dynamics of a small class culture and maximize the output of the student within this environment.
• All our lecturers are industry-based; therefore, students are always furnished with industry-relevant knowledge, and learning is up to date with the latest trends.
• We have cultivated mutually beneficial partnership with industry role players such as Standard Bank, Belgotex and Tile Africa etc. These leaders in the industry provide real-life briefs as part of our student learning experience. This prepares our students for the real world with real limitations, challenges, and opportunities.
• The 48 hours brief is a student competition that takes place annually and works in partnerships with organizations who are leaders in their sector. Students have 48-hours to provide unique solutions relevant to the partnered industry.
• Project 81: Students embark on a journey of storytelling, brain storming, product exploration and experimentation to understand the product development phases at work in industry. This process ensures that our students carefully consider the design principles, elements and materials crucial to product development. Through the medium of storytelling, Inscape students are challenged to share their life experiences. Our students delve deep into matters of gender, cultural identity, community, conformity, politics, fashion and education.
• Students must complete a compulsory 6-week in-service training in 3rd year. This allows our students to be exposed to the dynamic industry and its functions, which can serve as a significant benefit, as they have an opportunity to create networks and secure employment before graduation. YEAH! 😊
Join the Tribe rich in unique individuals who together weave a tapestry of vibrance and complexity #YOURTRIBE. “