Accounting and Informatics, Applied Sciences, Arts and Design, Engineering and the Built Environment, Health Sciences, Management Sciences
With approximately 30 000 students, the Durban University of Technology (DUT) is the first choice for higher education in KwaZulu-Natal (KZN). It is located in the beautiful cities of Durban and Pietermaritzburg (PMB). As a University of Technology, it prioritises the quality of teaching and learning by ensuring its academic staff possess the highest possible qualification that they can get.
The Durban University of Technology is a results of the merger in April 2002 of two prestigious technikons, ML Sultan and Technikon Natal. It was named the Durban Institute of Technology and later became the Durban University of Technology in line with the rest of the universities of technology.
DUT, a member of the International Association of Universities, is a multi-campus university of technology at the cutting edge of higher education, technological training and research. The university aspires to be a “preferred university for developing leadership in technology and productive citizenship”, and to “making knowledge useful”.
As a butterfly develops from a pupa, so have the students at our institution. From the moment they register as green fresher’s, to their capping at the hallowed graduation ceremony, our students undergo an intellectual evolution.
A preferred university for developing leadership in technology and productive citizenship.
Our mission is to excel through:
- Teaching and learning environment that values and supports the university community.
- Promoting excellence in learning and teaching, technology transfer and applied research.
- External engagement that promotes innovation and entrepreneurship through collaboration and partnership.
- Respect, Recognition, Opportunity and Access
- Loyalty, Dignity and Trust
- Transparency, Openness, Honesty and Shared Governance
- Responsibility, Accountability, Collegiality and Professionalism